iConnect Lifestyle Limited Ireland is a member of Al Mana Group Limited by guarantee, and forms part of the worldwide network of independent legal entities.
By using www.i-connect.ie and submitting any personal information to us, you agree to the use by us of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Information we collect
We may collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us and provide services to us or we provide services to you), and information we collect about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as public databases (where permitted by law).
Certain personal information is required as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you, to enable us to carry out our contractual obligations to you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these
What personal information do we collect when you visit our website?
We do not require registration for access to www.i-connect.ie but if you participate in any of the activities or services offered by www.i-connect.ie, we will collect the personal information that we need in order to provide you with those goods and services, such as:
- personal details (e.g. name);
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
- other detail (e.g. shipping and billing address).
We do not collect sensitive personal information from you. Sensitive personal information includes data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or other similar beliefs; physical or mental health; sexual orientation or criminal record.
When you visit our website, we may collect technical information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, details of the pages you visit on www.i-connect.ie, other pages you visit on the Web, and which browser you used to view www.i-connect.ie.
This website collects standard internet log and technical data to measure and improve the effectiveness of this website, to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer this website, to see where website traffic is coming from and to identify our users.
When do we collect personal information through our website?
We collect personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- when you contact us to request further information;
- when you subscribe to any of our insights;
- when you subscribe to any of our blogs;
- when you register to attend an event;
- when you place an order an order for supply of goods or services.
We collect the minimum amount of information to enable us to deal with your request. We will indicate where the provision of information is voluntary or compulsory. We would normally only request additional information to enable us to provide the most appropriate response to your request.
How do we use your personal information?
We only use the personal information that you provide to deal with your request, and to manage www.i-connect.ie and supply goods and services that we offer to you via www.i-connect.ie as described in this Privacy Statement.
We use your personal information to:
- carry out background checks prior to accepting you as a business customer;
- contact you with questions and other information regarding the goods and services we are providing to you;
- ensure that our records are kept accurate and up to date where you, your business , your employees or contractors work on or visit our facilities;
- ensure we issue accurate invoices for our goods and services;
- send you messages about products and services which we think will be of interest to you;
- comply with legal obligations to which we are subject;
- delivery of Goods ordered.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to ensure that invoices are issued correctly, and for ensuring you are able to access our premises when required;
- to comply with our legal obligations to you, for example health and safety obligations while you are on our premises, or to a third party (e.g. to comply with a court order);
- to meet our legitimate interests so that: we are able to provide the goods and services you request; our services function correctly in relation to your business; any complaints or concerns can be promptly relayed to you; we can respond to any questions or concerns you might have; we may carry out research and analysis to ensure products and services we offer are relevant to you, and; our records are kept up to date and accurate;
- to send you direct electronic marketing messages to the extent you have consented to receiving such messages in accordance with applicable law.
You have the right to request access to the personal information that you have submitted through www.i-connect.ie, update or correct your details, opt out of receiving other information from iConnect or request that your personal details are deleted from our systems at any time by e-mailing [email protected]. We will treat all such requests in accordance with applicable local law.
If you would like to provide consent to receive promotional or marketing e-mail from us in the future, you may let us know by sending us an e-mail to [email protected]
Where possible, we will comply with all such requests, though some details are part of the permanent records which cannot reasonably be deleted, restricted or objected in line with the legislation.
We reserve the right to judge what information we must continue to hold to be able to fulfil the purpose of data collection, processing and retention in line with the Irish legislation.
Providing your Personal Information to a Third Party
In general, we do not share your personal information with third parties (other than service providers acting on our behalf) unless we have a lawful basis for doing so.
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as website hosting, electronic message delivery, payment processing, data analytics and research. This may mean that we have to share your personal information with these third parties. When we share your personal information in this way, we put in place appropriate measures to make sure that our service providers keep your personal information secure.
From time to time, we may disclose personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Other situations, in which we may disclose your personal information to a third party, are:
- perform other services we request from service providers;
- in the course of a sale or an acquisition of iConnect Lifestyle Limited Ireland;
- where permitted by law, to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- when required by law, and/or public authorities.
We may also share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis, ,e.g. we may disclose the number of visitors to its websites or services.
We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes and we do not undertake mailings for third parties.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all employees of iConnect Lifestyle Limited Ireland to keep your personal information confidential and only authorised personnel have access to this information.
The content of this Policy is designed to provide general guidance on matters related to data protection and our compliance.
In preparing this Policy, every effort has been made to ensure the content is up to date and accurate. However, law and regulations change continually and unintentional errors can occur.
iConnect accepts no liability for any loss arising as a result of any action taken or refrained from as a result of information contained on this site or any other sites to which this site may be linked.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
|Current Version Number:||Version 1|
|Effective Date:||25th May 2018|